Monday, June 14, 2010

New Job!

I no longer work at a flower shop. I miss my old boss and playing with blooms quite a bit, and hopefully I'll get a chance to explore the industry with more depth in the future, but I got a really great offer that I just couldn't pass up!

I work for Figs & Ginger now! Check out this video about Rhonda and Elija, the husband and wife team that own this jewelry company:

Figs & Ginger from John Carl on Vimeo.


As their studio manager I help them assemble jewelry, process orders, answer inquiries, and whatever else they need me to do. They're very flexible, so I still have plenty of time to make my own work, as well. This feels like a perfect fit for me, and I am as comfortable and happy as I've yet felt in North Carolina. Now that all the tumult of transition is over, I can hopefully get back to making work and posting progress.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is a really sweet little video. I enjoyed learning about this lovely young couple and wish them all the best. Also love the song that's playing. Who is it?
Cheers!