Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New House!


Hugh, the cats, and I are moving out of my parents' vacation home and into a nearby house. We're replacing the carpet and painting the walls and then we'll be in! The living room has three different colors of wood paneling, and bright orange shag carpet, the kitchen has matching orange countertops and super rad green and orange linoleum, which cuts off and meets up with a DIFFERENT type of green and orange linoleum in the hallway, that connects to the Lisa Frank and Barbie lovechild purple and fuschia carpet in the bedroom. To really bring out the subtle colors in the carpet, though, the paneling in the bedroom is white with pink tinted woodgrain. The whole thing is a piece of art, and I kind of feel bad dismantling it. I don't think I can live with shag, though. And it smells like old people. There's a second bedroom that I'm leaving intact, where I'm putting my studio. It has light blue shag with gold-tinted paneling, and I kind of like it in there. I put a piece of remnant linoleum down so I can make myself feel better about the fire hazard of shag, and so I can still use my rolley chair. I found an old plank table in the basement that I scrubbed and hosed off, put a couple more braces and screws in, and will use as my soldering station. Can't wait to get it all set up and working! Before and After pictures soon.

No comments: