Saturday, April 18, 2009

A word about Rio brand tumblers

Worst barrel closure design imaginable. If I had to think of a way to make a container water tight in the least effective/ most annoying way, I couldn't do better than this glorified rubber band. The good news is that Rio Grande, as a whole, is a quality company that realizes they've made a horrible piece of equipment, so they're letting me return it past 30 days, and paying for my shipping to boot. So I ordered the Lortone tumbler, and I'll tell you how it goes on Wednesday when I get it.

Otherwise, I've made a couple dozen earrings and ordered or made just about all the jewelry furniture I'll need for my booth. And then, just to subconsciously prove to myself that I can't actually do anything for very long without disaster, I pre-cut all of my necklace chains 3 inches short. So guess what's arriving with my tumbler? 20ft of new chain. I'm still going to use the stupid pieces I have, I'll just have to design a new necklace/bracelet that needs 4 1/2" segments of chain.

No comments: