Thursday, September 24, 2009

commissions

Here are some pieces I made this summer for others. I love it, keep them coming!

My mom and dad found this sapphire in the attic of their house here in Montana right after they bought it. They kept joking about the 100 year old house having hidden treasure in the walls, and they found it! Mom gave me the stone 2 years ago and asked that I make specifically a ring with a design inspired by Choteau. We decided to incorporate the leaves of the cottonwood trees that line the streets here. Happy birthday, mom!

These are zero gauge (8mm) ear plugs that I made for my friend and former roommate, Kristin. They were for her heartbreakingly gorgeous wedding held in Virginia in June. I've never made plugs before! Such great low-tech hollow form practice. Kristin is a talented graphic designer, and her wedding invites had a special feather adornment that she designed. The stone settings on these were loosely inspired by that line drawing.

1 comment:

Harry said...

Caitie, the ring you made for your mom was unbelievably gorgeous, and I'm not kidding.

Love,

Dad