Sunday, September 13, 2009

Trauma

I have been working on this collar for something like 3 weeks now. I don't get very many hours to work between all my other jobs, all of the errands and planning Hugh and I have been doing, and keeping my house in order. This is my last big piece to finish for Quirk, and the others aren't actually done yet either, but I have needed to get through this.

This picture is from last week. I finished all my soldering and forming, and only had some finishing and polishing to do.

And this is from yesterday. Funny how 3 weeks worth of work can be mangled in a tenth of a second by the polishing wheel. I am an idiot.

The good news is that it has since been salvaged, but it will never be the same. I have had to embrace it, and change my concept a little bit, and work through my ideas around this piece again. You can call it a creative challenge. I suppose it will be better for it. There was about an hour there when I was trying to put it back together that I just knew it was hopeless. Bawling doesn't make jewelry, though.

No comments: