Monday, January 18, 2010

New Direction? Tell me your thoughts!

Ever since I started working on this production line (which is still so tiny) I have wondered about separating it from my art in name. My art is sculptural and uses completely different inspirations and materials from my simple, cutesy production jewelry. Not to mention the whole textiles aspect of my work, which is completely confusing next to it. So.. I am considering giving my production work a name, making it it's own business and entity, and keeping my one-of-a-kind work under my name. I feel that this will resolve the confusing juxtaposition of differing elements in my etsy shop, as well as in my business organization (like I actually have anything organized..)

So- art jewelry, scarves, and sculpture remains "Caitie Sellers Design"

Production sterling silver jewelry becomes "Whatnot and Such Jewelry"

How does it sound?

No comments: