Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome to my new Asheville studio

The end of 2009 was unexpectedly hard on our family, resulting in a long and unhappy break from my studio work (and all other work, for that matter.) '09 was such a momentous year for me, I would like to take some time this month to compile an entry listing the big adventures. First, though, I need to get caught up, and I'll catch up the blog while I'm at it.

This is my new Asheville studio- aka the second bedroom in my 16-unit apartment. I try to only hammer in the afternoons.. the walls are like paper! This bench was the only piece of furniture that made it out of Montana. I bought it off of a retired jeweler, Mr. Robinson, in Lincoln.
My living room (pardon the mess!) has my loom in it. I have yet to weave anything, but nothing's stopping me! Scarves to come one day..
My primary focus right now is on a commission for a woman who saw my work at the Carrotbox.com blog. This is ring #1.
Ring #2 in progress!

No comments: