Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lilacs

Hugh and I are finding ourselves in much better spirits lately. Rachel's visit (and her squealing excitement over everything that caught her eye) helped remind me how extraordinary this place I live in is. And the amazing sunny weather hasn't hurt either! I've switched shifts around a bit lately, so that I only work evenings at the hotel, which means I have till 3 in the afternoon to work in the studio or soak up the fresh air on the front porch (you can guess where I've been more.) I'm replenishing my vitamin D, god knows I've been deficient for the last many months!

Our front porch, like most in town here, is shaded by a massive lilac bush. After so much snow and cold, the fireworks display of blooms mixed with the scent and warm breeze of the last few hot days has made me blissful. The ratio of happy travelers to grumpy businesspeople has swung in summer's favor at the hotel, so even work is somewhat more pleasant.

Some lilacs:


Mr. Saddlebags McBee


(yay new camera!)

No comments: