Monday, March 23, 2009

Montana Stuff

I'm here at the hotel, blogging between phone calls. I just had a woman call me from Georgia asking me how long it takes to get here from Missoula.. I didn't have much good info, since I'm probably more familiar with her state than I am with my own.

Otherwise, Friday was an exciting day at the flower shop. Saturday was the high school's prom, so I got to make 8 or 9 corsages. It seems that most people here are not interested in being traditional, which is kind of an understatement. I am incredibly impressed by the whole Montana mindset. They'll really just let you do what you want, it's not hurting anybody! They reward ingenuity with genuine interest and even the occasional trade of services if you're lucky. Here's a picture of the corsage I had the most fun with, for Simone.



This is a picture of the most perfect pancake ever made. The history books were re-written this day, March 23rd... Somewhere around lunch, Mountain Time.





And THIS, my friends, is why vegetarians are not allowed in Montana. This is the hotel I work at. You can't even pay for a room unless you love taxidermy.


Yes, you can do what you want here, but you're totally weird if you don't eat meat.

No comments: