Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Passing time



Hey world, hope you're doing well. And by world I mean dad, because this blog is so widely read.

Anyway, the bottom picture is the product of a couple hours of good ol' focused work, which doesn't seem to happen often, and the top picture is what happens next. I really like the open, light, and delicate look of the thin lines in these pieces. I try to contrast the impossibly fragile appearance of the wire with as many connections as possible, making it sturdier than it seems. The picture of the ring is driving me crazy, though, there's a piece of lint on the wire and it's killing me! I need photoshop!

The last two days I've been working nights at the hotel and days in the studio. I actually really love the arrangement. I put together some earrings inspired by Guatemalan window bars, but they need some more thinking. These ideas are my favorites, but they are incredibly time consuming and at the moment I have no intention of selling them, so I can't spend as much time on them as I'd like.

I found a jewelry caster in PA that I'm going to use to fill out my jewelry line for the show. Now I just have to scrap together the money to give him... This just feels like a bottomless pit right now, and I'm selling my rose line for so cheap I can hardly believe I'm doing it. I just desperately want it to sell! All this business crap just sucks the fun right out of it.

No comments: