Friday, March 13, 2009

What happens when you boil citripickle for 8 hours?

Black bubbly tar that turns crunchy and brittle after it dries. And an acrid stink that eventually dissipates to something along the lines of wet dog. I'm an idiot. I can only say I'm glad I did something that stupid in my own studio. I also managed to explode a hollow form, luckily it was just a thin walled tubing earring hoop that only popped and got shot into the shag, never to return again. Bad luck today.

Current news with the jewelry line is a display in the flower shop I work in. I'll make some more for a display in the clothing/accessories store a few blocks down. It would get more tourist traffic and more people actually looking for jewelry. I sold an earring/necklace set to my boss! I put a classified ad in the local paper "JEWELRY SERVICES AND REPAIR, FREE ESTIMATES." I bought a bracelet mandrel on tuesday, so that's another priority tool I can mark off my list. $25 on Ebay! Now I am working on a different line of designs, inspired by Guatemala. I need to find a casting company and get some molds done as soon as possible. Things seem to be lining up nicely for my booth at the craft show-Duane at the flower shop has all sorts of displays and decorations I can use.

Job news: Along with continuing to get my studio in running order, designing my first lines of production jewelry ever, marketing them, and preparing for my first craft show ever, I also work full time at two other jobs. One is the flower shop, obviously my favorite, the other is a hotel where I am a receptionist. It's regular hours and they pay me relatively well. The manager recently offered me more hours, which would mean less fun at the flower shop. I need the money! So I took the hours and I'm only doing the flowers one day a week. It sucks. I need the money.




Jewelry designs! (or tattoos!) If you live in New York City and you look hard enough, you'll see 3 of these guys inked on some rad gals. For my purposes, though, they are soon to be brooches.

Between Richmond, VA, Guatemala, and Montana, I think the only thing the last three places I've lived have in common are pigeons.

No comments: